27 de marzo de 2012

you can lean on me

We all need someone we can lean on 
and if you want it, well you can lean on me
- Mick Jagger, Keith Richards


we all have our gods
our little numbers

I used to pray for you

I used to pray to you

and you gave me nothing

and grief gave me sickness

my soul did wither but I did not die

now I know
something else

maybe you won't hear me calling through the night
maybe you won't hold me as I walk down the long dark hallway

but there is something else
there is someone else

there is always me

so I stand alone and with all the strength of love pushing me forward
and I ask for nothing
for nothing more than I can give
 


and it will suffice

....................................................................................................................

todos tenemos nuestros dioses
nuestros numeritos

solía rezar por ti
 
solía rezarte a ti

y me diste nada

y la pena me enfermó

mi alma se marchitó mas no morí

ahora sé
algo más

quizá no escuches mi llamado a través de la noche
quizá no me sostengas mientras cruzo el largo corredor a oscuras

pero hay algo más
hay alguien más

siempre estoy yo

así permanezco, sólo, con toda la fuerza del amor impulsándome adelante
y no pido nada
nada más que lo que pueda dar


y será suficiente

No hay comentarios.: